This is a favorite recipe in our house and more importantly it is healthy. However, the kid vote is lacking. :0) I found it on Allrecipes.com, tried it, and loved it! Lucky for you, I have tweaked it to perfection! (In my humble opinion.) We typically serve it with hummus and pita for a meatless meal. If you don’t like red wine vinegar, you can simply omit or use less. By the way, NO COOKING required!
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 chopped cucumber
- 1 chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro (we use more :0)
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (we use more :0)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
This is easy. Combine cucumber, pepper, onion, beans, and cilantro. Mix remaining ingredients together, pour over bean mixture and toss. I like it room temperature or cold. Refrigerate leftovers.