My sister Kerri handed me this recipe when she was visiting last month. Looking at the ingredients I knew this would be a winner! Most of our meals include the usual suspects: tomato, cilantro, avocado, onion, garlic, and jalapeno! As I was cooking I realized it seemed to be missing something. Where is the cumin?? I took a chance and left it out. So glad I dd!
Found it : O Magazine, February 2012
- 4 Roma Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 3 jalapenos seeded
- 1/4 white onion roughly diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts cut up in chunks
- 2 Tbs. minced cilantro (who are we kidding…i used at least 1/4 cup)
- 12 corn tortillas
- In a food processor, (or blender if you are without) pulse tomatoes until well chopped. Add salt, jalapenos, garlic, and onion. Puree until smooth.
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Add tomato puree to skillet. Cover and reduce to medium low. Cover and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Shred chicken with 2 forks. Add cilantro and stir right before serving.
Top warmed corn tortillas with chicken mixture and Avocado Salsa.
Ingredients (Avocado Salsa)
- 2 Hass Avocados cubed
- 1 Roma tomato diced, seeded
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
Gently toss together so not to mush up the avocado. Enjoy!