This is a dinner that will please even picky eaters. It is a great way to branch out and add a little variety to your menu this month. I found this recipe in the 2013 Winter Menu magazine published by Wegmans. ( a wonderful grocery store. I am sad for you if you don’t have one! ) We have kept it in our dinner rotation ever since!
1lb Chicken breast
12 oz Green beans, trimmed
6 oz baby white pearl mushrooms
2 large carrots, bias cut slices (angled)
2 packages Udon Noodles (international isle)
2 Tbsp vegetable oil, divided
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce, divided
1. Bake chicken on a baking sheet in a 400 degree oven for 25 minutes or so. Cool chicken and then cut into 1″ cubes.
2. Blanch green beans in a large pot of salted water for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and carrots. Blanch 1 minute. Remove veggies with slotted spoon. Drain and set aside. Add noodles to boiling water, blanch 1 minute. (The noodles come with a seasoning pack, I just toss it.)
3. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in large skillet, or stir-fry pan. Gently stir fry noodles.
Add 1/4 cup sauce and gently toss noodles until coated. Transfer to a platter.
4. Heat remaining oil in stir-fry pan on HIGH. Stir in chicken and toss for 1 minute. Next, add veggies and stir until heated.
Add remaining 1/4 cup of teriyaki sauce. Toss veggie/chicken mixture until well coated. Feel free to add more sauce…just know you are adding sodium as you do!
5. Gently toss mixture with noodles in stir-fry pan or platter. I find the pan is easier.
Teriyaki sauce is so mild. My kids eat this meal well. What veggies they don’t like, they can easily pick out. The noodles are my favorite part! Enjoy!